(Pillar Point, New York , ca. 1866 - 1925, Rochester, New York)
Gertrude Herdle donated a print by Martin Hardie to the Gallery in 1927 in Ella See's memory.
See became head of the Art Department at West High School in Rochester in 1906. Her parents were Mr. and Mrs. William See. Her father was an architect. She was a member of one of the first classes graduated from the art school at Mechanics Institute. She returned there to teach free-hand drawing and painting for ten years, then had a studio in the old Chamber of Commerce building. She also studied at Columbia Univeristy and with William Merritt Chase and Arthur T. Dow. [From Ella See's obituary, Democrat & Chronicle, June 14 1925.]